1. What is China TransInfo’s business?
China TransInfo, through China TransInfo Group and its operating subsidiaries, is primarily focused on providing transportation information services. The Company aims to become the largest transportation information product and comprehensive solutions provider, as well as the largest integrated transportation information platform and commuter traffic media platform builder and operator in China. China TransInfo is involved in developing multiple applications in transportation, digital city, land and resource filling system based on GIS technologies which is used to service the public sector. In addition, the Company is developing its transportation system to include ETC technology. As the co-formulator to several transportation technology national standards, the Company has software copyrights for to 88 software products and has won 5 of 10 model cases sponsored by PRC Ministry of Communications. The Company’s affiliation with Peking University provides access to the University’s GeoGIS Research Laboratory, including 30 Ph.D. researchers. As a result, the Company is currently playing a key role in setting the standards for electronic transportation information solutions.
2. What is China TransInfo’s ticker symbol and exchange?
Our ticker symbol is CTFO, our common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Market.
3. When was China TransInfo founded?
China TransInfo was established on October 30, 2000 with registered capital of RMB 20 million.
4. How many of the Company’s shares are outstanding?
A total of 25,270,069 shares of Common Stock as of March 28 2011 are considered to be outstanding pursuant to SEC Rule 13d-3(d)(1).
5. When is the next earnings release?
China TransInfo’s quarterly earnings reports are tentatively scheduled to be released six weeks following a quarter-end and 10 weeks following the year-end. All earnings releases are posted on our website.
6. What are China TransInfo’s fiscal year and corresponding quarter-end dates?
We operate on a fiscal year that runs from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. Quarter-ends are: March 31 (Q1), June 30 (Q2), September 30 (Q3) and December 31 (Q4).
7. How can I get on an e-mail list to receive all press releases?
To automatically receive e-mail alerts for the information categories that interest you, please click on E-mail Alerts and submit your e-mail address.
8. Who is China TransInfo’s outside Investor Relations firm?
CCG is our outside Investor Relations firm. The primary contact is Crocker Coulson at (646) 213-1915
9. Who are China TransInfo’s Independent Chartered Public Accountants?
BDO China Shu Lun Pan Certified Public Accountants LLP is China TransInfo's independent auditor.
10. Who is China TransInfo’s outside legal counsel?
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is our principal outside legal counsel.
11. How many employees does China TransInfo have?
China TransInfo had roughly of 725 employees as of December 31,2010.
12. Who is China TransInfo’s transfer agent and registrar?
Interwest Transfer Co., Inc. acts as the Company’s transfer agent and registrar.